Energy Monitoring Programme Workshop Notes & Action Books:
In the table below you will find the Workshop Notes and Action Books for the Susliving Energy Monitoring Programme. We will be adding new Workshop Notes & Modules and their accompanying Action Books as the Energy Monitoring Programme progresses, so check back frequently for updates.
|#||Module Title||Description||Workshop Notes||Actions & Worksheets||Other Documents|
|1||The Story Of Energy||This module gives a brief history of fossil fuels and renewable energy. Actions include a survey of energy types used in your school.||Module 1||Action 1||EMP Workshop #2 Outline & Summary|
|2||The Purpose Of Energy Monitoring||This module covers the reasons why monitoring energy usage is important. Actions include discussing the benefits of energy monitoring and saving energy.||Module 2||Action 2|
|3||Energy Monitoring Equipment||This module covers the equipment used for monitoring energy usage. This module requires a Tech Mentor. Actions include an equipment maintenance worksheet.||Module 3||Action 3|
|4||The Energy Team||This module outlines what an Energy Team is, it’s responsibilities and how to go about forming one. Actions include Energy Team formation and Energy Team Tasks.||Module 4||Action 4|
|5||Energy Team Communications||This module explores ways the Energy Team can communicate and market the energy saving programme to their school and peers and the creation of an Energy Statement for your school. Actions include the Energy Statement, discussion and brainstorming worksheets.||Module 5||Action 5|
|6||Energy Survey||This module covers the How, When & Who of energy usage in your school. Actions include an extensive Energy Survey for your school, and individual Room Surveys.||Module 6||Action 6|
|7||Energy Monitoring Programme Objectives||This module outlines the objectives of the Susliving Energy Monitoring Programme in your school, and what the aims are. Actions include recording energy usage worksheets, and identifying savings opportunities in your school.||Module 7||Action 7 (A)|
|8||Reading An Electricity Bill||This module covers what an electricity bill is, details the different parts and information on the bill and what it means.||Module 8|
Instructions for use:
These points outline how you may use the Workshop Notes and Action Worksheets for the Susliving Energy Monitoring Programme.
These Workshop Notes and Action Worksheets are the same as used and demonstrated by the Susliving Tech Mentors who have deliverd these workshops to your school.
- You may choose to either revise certain modules or continue with new modules in the Workshop Notes.
- These options may have been discussed with you and a Susliving Tech Mentor and your selection should be based on your school’s current progress in the Susliving Energy Monitoring Programme.
- The Workshop Notes should be used for theory delivery to your students and where suggested, the relevant Action Worksheets for student completion.
- The Workshop Notes reference their relating Actions and Worksheets and vice versa.
- The Workshop Notes are designed to allow you to deliver a single module per class period time. The relating Actions may take longer than one class and may be run over several classes.
Help & Support: